Separation Agreement For Common Law In Ontario

The maintenance of spouses is the same in the common law as for married couples, provided that they fall into one of two different categories. The first is as long as they have lived together for at least three years or have a common child and have lived together. You may have a concubine agreement that says how you and your partner will share your assets and debts after your separation. If you are married, do not divorce by entering into a separation agreement. You must go to court to divorce. But in your separation agreement, you can agree on when and how to divorce. You should talk to a different lawyer and exchange financial information before signing a concubine contract. A concubine agreement can make it clear what you both want from your financial and family agreements. It can tell who owns the things you buy while you live together. It can tell how much help is paid when the relationship ends and how your property is shared….